- Fitness goals can be easily achieved by plotting a proper plan and following it. You might have seen many people hiring a fitness trainer to help with their fitness goals.
- But you can do it yourself without the help of a physical trainer. Try it for yourself for a month or two and see how it goes. And if you are not satisfied with the results, you can always hire a personal trainer for you.
What are the most common fitness goals?
- There are many types of fitness goals and it differs for different persons. It is up to you to set the perfect fitness goal for you.
- Below is a list of 5 common fitness goals that most people have.
1. Shedding fat
- Shedding excess body fat is the common goal for many people around the world to start their workout routine. When you want to see better and faster results doing workouts alone cannot help. You need a proper diet plan to regulate your weight loss. Making small changes like drinking adequate water and keeping yourself active can be a good start.
2. Building muscles
- Muscle building is the next most common fitness goal for many people. It might look hard compared to losing weight. But it depends on the person as everyone has a different physique from one another. Building muscle is a consistent process and it requires a long-term commitment. You need to train with weights and up your protein intake to add up the muscles.
3. Improving endurance
- The best aspect of endurance training is that it improves your heart performance, memory, joints, etc. Athletes train to improve their endurance to keep their energy throughout the sport. Brisk Walking, Jogging, and cycling are some of the best ways to improve your endurance. You can practice HIIT training as a part of your endurance training. One thing you should keep in mind is to stay hydrated all the time while doing workouts.
4. Increasing flexibility
- You can stretch regularly to increase your flexibility and it is very important to maintain your overall health. Mainly it helps to relax your body as well as your mind. You can practice a few simple exercises to increase your overall body flexibility.
- Some people want to do strength training but at the same time do not want to build big muscles. They tone their body by losing fat and building small muscles to get a get physique. There are a specific set of exercises you can follow to tone your body.
What can you do with the app to meet your fitness goals?
- Fitness apps help you stay motivated until you achieve your fitness goals. A study reveals that having a workout buddy helps you to stay more motivated. Some sociable fitness applications can make you work out along with your friends.
- These apps help you to track your performance and also guide you through your gym goals. They even have fitness goals for students, fitness goals for women, etc based on age, weight, and other common fitness goals.
- Ten short-term and easily achievable fitness goals are listed below that you can follow.
1.Work out 12 days in one month
- You can work out 12 days in one month by splitting it into 3 days per week. Working out three days a week is an easy goal and they have proven to provide great results.
2.Run continuously for 1 mile for 6 weeks
- At first, you might not be able to run one mile. But with time and practice, it should not be hard to achieve it within 6 weeks.
3.Try a new workout a week till you find one you like
- When you start working out, you might like some workouts and hate some. There are many workouts and you can try new workouts to follow the right one for you. You can set your own gym couple goals by practicing many workouts and finding the one that suits both you and your partner.
4.Average 10,000 steps a day for a month
- Having a smartwatch helps you easily track your steps. You can take your phone and search for how to set fitness goals while you walk. By keeping your feet active you can easily reach 10,000 steps a day.
5.Do X number of push-ups in 4-6 weeks
- To start, you can do knee pushups and then change into regular pushups. Start by doing 5 reps a day and if you find it that hard. Then you can simply start with 3 reps and keep increasing your number of reps.
6.Rest for eight full days a month
- Resting is as important as working out as it helps in recovering the lost energy. Resting 2 days a week is necessary. By doing so you can rest for eight full days in a month. You are only resting your body, so do not compromise your diet on these days.
7.Stretch for 15 minutes after each workout
- Stretching exercises provide great relief to your muscles, joints, and glutes. They offer flexibility and prevent body pain after workouts. It is important to do stretching before and after doing workouts.
8.Hold a 1-minute plank in 30 days
- Planks might look easy but they are not. They work the whole of your body muscles. Experts suggest that holding 30-60 seconds of plank a day provides all the necessary benefits.
9.Drink 2-3 liter of water daily for a month
- Water has plenty of health benefits. Drinking 2-3 liters of water daily helps to burn calories, restores energy, and there are plenty of health benefits. Using the app you can set reminders to drink water and track your daily water intake.
10.Complete a 5K race in 3 months
- A 5k race is a 3.1-mile run. As a beginner, it might add an interesting challenge to your fitness goal. You need to practice every week for 3 months daily to achieve this goal. You can alternate between walking and running. The fitness apps provide a flexible schedule for you to follow daily and you can follow them.
How to achieve my fitness goals?
- The one thing to keep in mind is that it is always achievable when you set realistic and smart fitness goals. You cannot just run 10 miles in a day when you have never even moved a muscle in your body. Your body cannot afford to do it.
- So, start small and you can level up later. A few steps to achieve fitness goals are listed below.
1. Set long-term goals
- Setting the main goal that you intend to achieve in the end is your long-term fitness goals like losing weight, building endurance, etc. Achieving long-term fitness goals is a hard and tiring process. It is better if you can hire a personal trainer and let them guide you throughout the process.
2. Set short-term goals
- Set goals for a short period like a month or a week. This will help you to have a sense of f success when you achieve your goals. They will motivate you to move further. It is better to start with small and easy health and fitness goals.
3. Measure your progress
- Let me say you are trying to lose weight, then you can measure it by checking your weight in a weighing machine. You can check it every next week or month. It is very important to measure your progress.
4. Make your short-term goals attainable
- As I said before you need to set realistic and attainable goals. When you set hard to achieve exercise goals, you might get unmotivated easily. Smart fitness goals examples like starting to work out for three days per week for half an hour. It is an easy start.
5. Follow the plan
- It is easy to plan. Anyone can make a plan but the real struggle is sticking to it without any deviation. Just keep in mind there are many reasons why you cannot keep up with the plan. But when you follow the plan then it means you have overcome all those reasons.
6. Find motivation
- Achieving short term fitness goals in itself is a great motivation towards your long-term goals. You would have been measuring your progress till now and can go back and see the list of fitness goals you have achieved. It will keep you going.
- Songs are also a great motivation. You can have your playlist to stay motivated.
7. Reward yourself
- When you achieve a certain goal, it is good to treat yourself with a small reward. Eat something you like so much or gift yourself. Fitness goals for beginners should always include more cheat days because it is hard to suddenly turn your life around so suddenly.
Most important of all? Be kind to yourself
- In the midst of achieving your fitness goals do not lose your mind. It is important to achieve your fitness goals but do not over-exert to the point of exhausting yourself.
- Sometimes if you feel hard, go at a slow pace. Do not punish your stomach by starving yourself. Finally, be kind to your body and mind.
1) What are the 10 fitness goals?
Drinking water, avoiding more sugar, doing outdoor workouts, prioritizing rest days, losing body fat, building lean body muscle, running marathons, adding more greens to your diet, sleeping enough, and doing HIIT workouts.
2) What are the 4 main goals of fitness?
Losing fat, building muscle, getting healthy and toning are the 4 main goals.
3) What are the 5 SMART goals in fitness?
Your fitness should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
4) What are 3 fitness goals examples?
Run a 5K, Planks daily for a month, and learning a new workout every week are examples of fitness goals.
5) What’s a short-term fitness goal?
Short-term fitness goal is the ones that are achieved in a short period of time.